Czinger unveils pathbreaking 21C and presents vision for the future of performance vehicles
- All eyes were on Czinger as it unveiled the 21C and publicly introduced the brand for the first time at an exclusive London, UK event yesterday
- Czinger confirmed 21C is the first in a series of exclusive performance vehicles
- Live unveiling also underlined Czinger’s use of proprietary manufacturing technologies, in-house developed drivetrain and unique design elements that will guide production of a series of exclusive performance vehicles
- Czinger 21C is limited to 80 vehicles whose creation has been enabled by integrated computing power, materials and additive manufacturing technologies
- Each component manufactured using these technologies is computationally engineered and optimised for weight, efficiency and performance. A team of artisans then seek perfection in the assembly, fit and finish of the vehicle
- With 1250 hp and dry weight under 1200 kg (of which the chassis is just 120 kg), the 21C features a true 1:1 power-to-weight ratio
- Revolutionary engineering, never before seen on a production vehicle, combines structural systems plus cooling, fluid routing, and even exhaust sound management within the chassis structure
- The 21C is an all-wheel drive vehicle with a strong hybrid powertrain, full specs:
- An in-house developed mid-engine 2.88-litre, 80deg bank angle V8 twin 73mm turbo with 11,000rpm redline. 84 x 65 mm bore x stroke, 9.5:1 compression ratio, with four valves per cylinder, with full flex-fuel capability.
- Two high output advanced axial flux motors producing up to 370 Nm and 150 kW of peak torque and power, each powering a front wheel with torque vectoring
- An ultra-light and compact, seven-speed automated sequential transmission gearbox, which has been developed and built to Czinger’s demanding specification, available in two configurations; full race dog gears for fastest possible shift times and a more street optimised synchromesh configuration for smoother everyday shifting
- Total output of 1250 hp (1233 bhp), redlining at 11,000 rpm
- Quarter mile time of 8.1 seconds and 0-62 mph (0-100 kph) in 1.9 seconds
- 0 to 186 mph (300 kph) to 0 in 15 seconds and 0 to 248 mph (400 kph) to 0 in 29 seconds
- New chassis images, photographs from the London, UK reveal event and studio imagery now online at media.czinger.com
- World reveal event video here: https://youtu.be/nwZ4J14izrY
- Czinger’s London live feed and unveiling follows Geneva International Motor Show 2020 cancellation
Czinger unveiled its groundbreaking 21C in London, UK yesterday, and confirmed it is the first in a series of exclusive vehicles that will use its proprietary technologies and unique design elements to explore the limits of creativity and performance. All will be vehicles built for discovery and pleasure in cutting edge design and performance.
Speaking at Czinger’s conference at an exclusive London, UK event yesterday, CEO and Founder Kevin Czinger addressed attendees in person and to viewers on its live stream to present Czinger as a performance vehicles company, not just a hypercar manufacturer. Czinger confirmed that the 21C is the first in a series of exclusive performance vehicles and underlined that the company’s objective is to create one of the great, enduring brands of the 21st century.
Named so because it’s designed, built and manufactured for the 21st century, the new 21C hypercar uses Czinger’s revolutionary technology to engineer each component’s design, performance and weight. The result is an organic whole whose performance is superior to just the sum of its parts, achieving a better than 1:1 power-to-weight ratio. Limited to just 80 vehicles, each 21C will be hand fit and finished in Los Angeles, California.
In-house, revolutionary technology is used to custom design and optimise each 21C component to meet its function and form requirements. For example, the front upper control arm is hollow with a three-dimensional internal structure and uses proprietary, high-performance alloys specifically designed for the functionality of the component. As a result, its weight is a fraction of a traditionally tooled variant and it is significantly stronger, thereby reducing un-sprung mass and increasing performance.
The 21C is highly customisable both from specification and individual personalisation points of view. Two specifications, 21C and a lightweight track variant, were presented yesterday at the London, UK event. Both cars are powered by Czinger’s in-house developed drivetrain and boast Czinger’s iconic in-line seating architecture.
Named as the world’s most power dense engine and located mid-vehicle, Czinger has released full specifications of its 2.88-litre, flat-plane crank, 80-degree bank angle V8. With twin 73mm turbos, and an 11,000 rpm redline, the impressive in-house developed engine has a 84 x 65mm bore x stroke, 9.5:1 compression ratio, has four valves per cylinder and full flex-fuel capability. Combining this internal combustion engine with advanced axial flux motors producing up to 370 Nm and 150 kW of peak torque and power means the Czinger 21C’s total powertrain achieves a total output of 1250 hp (1233 bhp).
Due to the small vehicle architecture, Czinger developed advanced thermal management solutions to manage the 21C’s extreme power levels in its compact engine compartment. This included developing novel Thermal Syphons ™ that encapsulate the turbos and headers, pulling cool air from below the engine and syphoning hot air out of the decklid.
Combining this powertrain with a seven-speed automated sequential transmission gearbox, Czinger will offer its customers two specifications. The first is a full race dog gearbox for fastest possible shift times, optimised for track use and the second is a more road-biased synchromesh configuration for smoother everyday shifting.
From the engineering on the drivetrain to the in-line seating configuration and revolutionary chassis, the 21C is designed and created for ultimate performance and driving emotion.
The Czinger 21C has an iconic design, with jet-fighter seating, placing the driver in the middle of the vehicle, with a passenger behind, to create ultimate weight distribution and connection to the road.
Capable of an 8.1 second quarter mile, 0-62 mph (0-100 kph) in 1.9 seconds, 0 to 186 mph (300 kph) to 0 in 15 seconds and 0 to 248 mph (400 kph) to 0 in 29 seconds. At 329 hp (324 bhp) per litre, Czinger's priorities are clear - maximise power to weight and power efficiency.
With 1250 hp and dry weight under 1200 kg, of which the chassis is just 120 kg, Czinger has blurred the line between traditional structural systems and safety efficiencies to maintain efficiencies and keep mass down, and in turn boasts a true 1:1 power-to-weight ratio.
The Czinger chassis not only has traditional structural and safety systems as but also integrates functions like cooling, fluid routing, and even exhaust sound management, which has never before seen on a vehicle of this type. When you consider its multi functionality, the extremely low overall chassis mass of 120 kg becomes even more impressive.
Czinger’s next event will take place at the prestigious Royal Automobile Club in Pall Mall, London, UK from Friday 13 to Saturday 14 March, exclusively for customers.
For media information on the launch, brand, 21C and interviews with the Czinger executive team, please use www.media.czinger.com or the contacts below.
Czinger’s previous films, images and press releases can be downloaded rights-free on www.media.czinger.com, which also includes a full suite of chassis renderings and engine imagery.
UK mobile: +44 (0) 7730 570975
US cell: +1 (424) 558-5382
Los Angeles, California
Chief Commercial Officer
UK mobile: +44 (0) 7939 481353
US cell: +1 (424) 603-1450
Los Angeles, California
Notes to Editors:
Czinger (pronounced "zinger” with a silent c) is headquartered in Los Angeles, California. Founded in 2019 and named after its Founder and CEO, Kevin Czinger, the pathbreaking performance brand is built around a core ethos of using revolutionary technology to create vehicles that have dominating performance and iconic design.
The 21C is Czinger’s first production vehicle. It was conceived, designed, engineered and manufactured from the ground up by a team of pioneering engineers, scientists and designers based in Los Angeles, California using a proprietary production system. The result is the first vehicle of this era with a complex, optimised overall structure generated and manufactured using computing power, additive manufacturing and artisanship. The 21C is designed and built for the 21st century.